Hysterectomy is getting accepted and practiced a lot and has gained its importance in medical science in the past decade. It is used to treat a variety of conditions and diseases including gynecological cancer. Women are often suggested to have hysterectomy depending upon their medical condition. Hysterectomy is considered as one of the best gynecological surgery in Delhi which works to solve multiple problems associated with women health. Hysterectomy is the surgical removal of the uterus. It might also have the removal of cervix, ovaries, fallopian tube and/or other structures around these. A hysterectomy can be partial or complete. In a partial hysterectomy, our specialists remove the uterus, whereas incomplete hysterectomy removes the cervix along with the uterus. We are one of the best hospitals for gynecology surgery in Delhi as there is a pool of specialists who believe and understand the need of utmost care and updated knowledge related to women and how the current world scenario is affecting their health badly.
Women who are advised to get hysterectomy are often worried and confused about the procedure, the risks and complications associated with it i.e. how will their body react after the removal of such vital organs. The concerns are justified and obvious as there are some post-operative issues which depend from case to case and according to the client’s history. There is a prevalence of minimal access gynecology surgery in south Delhi where we try to maintain as much comfort and care as possible. For us the health and well being of our patient is or priority. Hysterectomy surgery in delhi is common currently.
Types of hysterectomy:
- Partial hysterectomy: it s also known as subtotal hysterectomy, in this there is removal of the uterus only.
- Radical hysterectomy: It has the removal of uterus, cervix and upper part of the vagina. Tissues and lymph nodes surrounding the uterus might be removed too. This type of hysterectomy is most recommended in case of gynecological cancer.
- Total Hysterectomy: In this procedure, there is removal of uterus and cervix, it is the most common type of hysterectomy in women.
Another procedure known as hysterectomy plus bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy is used in which ovaries are removed. Hysteroscopic myomectomy surgery, as well as abdominal hysterectomy surgery in Delhi, is performed by our specialists to aid our patients in living a normal life again.
It depends on the type of hysterectomy, the kind of side effects that you experience. Now let us look at the side effects of hysterectomy:
- Women stop menstruating after the surgery as it involves the removal of the uterus which is a different experience for them.
- Infertility is yet another consequence of uterus removal.
- One may feel certain menopausal symptoms due to hysterectomy, like hot flashes, mood swings, decreased libido, night sweat and vaginal distress after the hysterectomy as the hormonal secretion would stop.
Removal of ovaries often feels similar to how women feel when their ovaries get expanded. One can also experience mood swings, irritability anxiety and depression as there is hormonal change. In spite of all the issues which are there, on a positive note, no more menstruation is a relief for the women who have undergone hysterectomy performed especially those who suffered from heavy periods and cramps. It can be taken as the silver lining of the hysterectomy procedure.
Women often think and get confused about the need to get cervical cancer screening done after the process of hysterectomy. This is not necessary and can be escaped as there is no need for it. In case the patient had a previous record of cervical cancer or had a hysterectomy done because of cervical cancer she can then have a regular checkup and follow up done to prevent anything from happening. There are various routine checkups which are necessary for these patients, and it is valid even after the removal of the cervix.