Since the past couple of decades, India has been doing outstandingly well in the medical field. It is equipped with all the latest technologies and also has a team of medical professionals be it doctors, surgeons or other personnel who are highly experienced and exceptionally skilled making it one of the top choices for people. One can expect to get effective, efficient and economical treatment in India which is why it is becoming a popular destination for medical tourism as well.
At CUSP, we have a team of highly trained and well-equipped professionals to deal with all sorts of medical issues; weight-loss (bariatric) treatments being one of them. if you are looking for Weight loss surgery cost in Delhi, then give yourself a rest and end your search as CUSP is one of the most renowned hospitals in India and has the Best bariatric surgeons in Delhi.
whether you’re looking for an Obesity specialist in Delhi or Weight loss doctors in Delhi, there is no need to look any further as this is a one-stop solution to all the weight-related health issues as you can get the Best gastric bariatric surgeons in India at CUSP. A Laparoscopic surgeon in India is highly trained to successfully deal with general chronic complications that may arise with weight-loss surgeries.
What is obesity?
Obesity is not akin to being fat. being fat is different than being obese. A person is obese when he or she is grossly overweight in a way that is dangerous for that person’s health.
Obesity needs to be treated as soon as possible as it is the root cause of several diseases. We, at CUSP, make sure that you do not suffer because of obesity and make available multiple solutions and treatments to deal with the problem that is obesity.
What is morbid obesity?
A person is considered to be morbidly obese when he or she has:
- Body Mass Index 40 or higher (extremely obese)
- Body Mass Index of 35 to 39.9 (obese) having severe weight-related health issues like type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, severe sleep apnea etc.
What are the common obesity-related health issues?
Obesity-related health problems are known to decrease the life expectancy of the person. Mentioned below are some of the problems that are associated with obesity:
- Type 2 diabetes: Like people that are obese develop insulin resistance, that regulates blood sugar levels, they end up with high blood sugar. High blood sugar is known to cause Type 2 diabetes.
- High blood pressure or heart disease: when the body carries extra weight around, it is difficult or the heart to function normally. The heart works harder and pumps blood faster which results in high blood pressure and can also lead to strokes. Since the heart has to work extra hard, it can suffer permanent damage.
- Osteoarthritis of weight-bearing joints: excess weight placed on joints can lead t wear and tear and it can also cause rapid pain and inflammation as well. it can also lead to disk problems and decreased mobility along with constant pain.
- Sleep apnea/respiratory problems: fat deposits in the tongue and neck can end up blocking air passages which can result in trouble sleeping, especially in the patients that are used to sleep on their backs. It can also cause severe headaches and daytime drowsiness.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (hiatal hernia and heartburn): the valve at the top of the stomach can get weakened due to excess weight and it can be deadly as it can result in stomach acid t be released in the oesophagus which is known as gastroesophageal reflux and can also cause oesophagal cancer.
- Depression: obese people are constantly worried about their weight and the way that they look. Being fat can be treated by exercising and dieting, however, obesity does not get treated by these ways and it is normal for them to start developing negative and depressive thoughts.
- Infertility: obesity disrupts normal cycles and functions and causes a hormonal imbalance which can lead to difficulty or inability to conceive.
What are the surgery options available?
We at CUSP have the Best doctor for bariatric surgery in Delhi who provides various surgical options to deal with obesity and they are:
- Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Procedure
- Duodenal Switch Procedure
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery
- Gastric Banding (LAP-BAND) Surgery
However, these are only to be performed when weight loss methods such as dieting and exercise and have failed.